Are you looking to add glamour to your dining table? Crystal glasses are just what you need. They spice up the table setting, but only if they are squeaky clean. Water spots and dusty grime do not lend themselves to an elegant event. Washing these beautiful but delicate glasses is simple with these house cleaning tips from professional cleaners at Organic Maids. We will also explain how to remove waxy residue and cloudiness on your crystal glasses.
Cleaning Crystal Glasses
Crystal glass is NOT dishwasher safe. The heat and movement can easily crack crystal, so if you refuse to hand wash, crystal glasses may not be for you. It’s better to be cautious, especially if you aren’t sure. Washing them by hand maintains the shine. Follow these steps before using the crystal stemware for the first time and after each use.
- Use a sink or large plastic bowl for washing.
- Line the bottom of the sink with a soft cotton towel. (The cloth protects the glasses from breaking if bumped against the sink sides.)
- Fill the sink or large plastic bowl with room temperature water.
- Add two cups of white vinegar and a few squirts of mild dish soap.
- Place the crystal in the water and soak the stemware for a minute.
- Using a microfiber cloth, wipe the stemware gently.
- Rinse them with tap water and dry them immediately.
- Use a clean lint-free towel to avoid spotting and make sure the stemware is completely dry.
- Store the glasses in a safe and enclosed place to avoid breakage.
Removing Water Spots From Crystal Glasses
Crystal glasses sometimes cloud up due to hard water residue. How do you remove that as part of your residential cleaning?
- Put two cups of white vinegar in the microwave and warm for two minutes.
- Pour the vinegar in a plastic bowl and submerge the glasses in the vinegar.
- Soak them for three minutes, remove then wipe them dry with a lint-free towel.
- In case there are stubborn stains, dampen one finger and dip it in baking soda, or apply toothpaste to buff away the spots.
- Rinse one more time to get a spotless shine.
- Dry completely.
Are you too busy to do your residential cleaning? Do you have guests coming to town, and you want to impress them with gleaming crystal glasses? Let the professionals from Organic Maids handle all your residential cleaning while you handle other important stuff. Call 704-999-1947 to set up an appointment for maid services today.